Frankincense oil is sourced from the sticky sap of the Bowellia Sacra tree that can be found in Oman. It is extracted from the tree sap with steam distillation.
Frankincense oil has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, as well as many more qualities.
- Soothing properties – studies have found that massaging frankincense can prevent the release of leukotrienes; the compounds that are responsible for causing soreness.
- Reduces feelings of anxiety – thanks to its comforting properties it can help calm a busy mind, reducing the feelings of anxiety.
- Improve concentration and mood – frankincense can diminish the feelings of stress helping to improve your mood and your concentration.
How can it be used?
- Apply it. Dilute it with a carrier oil and then apply on a skin or rub it into your pulse points.
- Inhale it. Breathe it in directly from the bottle, also breathe it in by burning resin.
- Diffuse it. Put some in a diffuser and take in the grounding and calming aroma.
- Moisture with it. Mix some into your favorite moisturizer to help reduce blemishes and rejuvenate skin.
Always do a patch test to it make sure it doesn’t irritate your skin and don’t ingest it unless advised by a medical professional.